In his book Think and Grow Rich, Napoleon Hill tells a story of a great warrior who faced a battle against a powerful enemy. Though he and his men were outnumbered, the man sailed his soldiers into the enemy’s country, and, after unloading all the soldiers, equipment, and supplies, gave the order to burn the ships. “Addressing his men before the first battle, he said, ‘You see the boats going up in smoke. That means we cannot leave these shores alive unless we win! We now have no choice–we win, or we perish! They won.”
Knowing your purpose is good, but it’s not good enough. Want-to and follow-through are entirely different. We must steady ourselves and move forward with resolve. Click To Tweet Let there be no retreat. Burn your ships and resolve to fight for and live into your marriage purpose.
Here are four strategies to holding fast and moving forward:
- Remember God’s Promise
- Tip: Post your marriage purpose in a place you can see it.
- Realign the Vision when necessary
- Tip: Ask yourself, What does God see as necessary changes you need to make in order to fully live into His design for your marriage?
- Release the Outcome
- Tip: Remember, God doesn’t call us to be successful; He calls us to be obedient.
- Relish Every Moment
- Tip: Every morning ask God, What do you want us to focus on and how can we best serve you today?
Interested in a community of like-minded people who can hold you accountable to your marriage purpose? Join our Marriage Membership!